You are hypnotized every day! I know, it sounds unbelievable. But it isn’t. We just think so because we are not aware of what hypnosis actually is. Most of us think it’s a guy on stage making a fool of people.
But what hypnosis is, is a tool that we can use to communicate directly with our subconscious mind, without our conscious, critical mind interfering.
Our subconscious mind is the one that does all the “thinking” and the one that makes decisions for us. Think of the subconscious like this: When you are walking, you don’t think of every single step you are going to make. You just walk. The thinking process behind walking, or breathing for that matter, is in our subconscious, and we are usually not aware of it.
On the other hand, our conscious mind tends to filter out information from entering our subconscious mind, as the subconscious has no way of knowing where the information or a thought came from – from us or from the outside. Our consciousness does it like this – do you remember the colors of the last ten cars that passed you by? Likely not. The conscious mind has filtered out that information, as if it didn’t, you’d just get overwhelmed.
Most of us have some beliefs that are holding us back, and as we are used to them, our conscious mind often rejects a thought that would counter those beliefs. That is where hypnosis comes in – it can be useful to bypass the conscious mind, and to speak directly to the subconscious, thus allowing us to make suggestions to ourselves (or let a hypnotist do it) that, when repeated enough, would become our “default” thoughts.
We can use hypnosis to work on our problems, on our motivation to do something, or to expand our awareness. Here are a few ways hypnosis can be used for the latter:
- You can literally make suggestions to yourself that will help you pay more attention to details around you. Watch the changes within in the following weeks.
- You can help yourself change your mind about how lucky, how happy or how enthusiastic you are about your life. A neat trick in my book.
- You can have an easier time of aligning your thoughts with your beliefs, and thus allowing yourself to be better and faster with manifesting things that you desire, if the law of attraction is your kink.
- You can get yourself to study harder or work more productively, by carefully planting suggestions that will help you in the long run.
- You can slowly change your mindset to mimic the mindset most successful people have. Finally, a tool that will help you to just let go of those negative thoughts that seem to linger on.
This is all cool, but I never told you – how is it that you get hypnotized every day? Simple. Hypnosis is simply an altered state of mind during which you are more aware than normal, but usually you are focused on only one thing.
So, whenever you find yourself taking a long walk during which you are not thinking of anything, you are experiencing a mild form of hypnosis. Whenever you find yourself with eyes glued to the TV while watching your favorite show, eagerly awaiting to see what happens next, you are experiencing a mild trance state (or a hypnotic state). During those times you are more susceptible to suggestions, and that is why TV commercials or banners on websites worked great, until they got over-saturated. They still work well, though, but not nearly as well as they had before.
No matter what you want to use hypnosis for, it can be of great benefit. We have prepared a way for you to experience hypnosis for free, from the comfort of your own home. Head on to NaturalHypnosis free downloads page and give any of the three free hypnosis mp3s a try. Wish you all the best!
In Pure Spirit
What are your thoughts on the art and science of hypnotism? Let us know in the comments below.
About the Author
Igor Tomić is a inbound marketing specialist who enjoys exploring various ways to expand his consciousness. Hypnosis has been one of the most helpful tools for him.