A new video from the Alzheimer’s Society uses some famous faces to help teach us 5 things we should know about dementia. The society, which looks after people and their families cope with dementia, is asking that people share the video. You can do that by clicking on the video or simply by sharing this post in Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or anywhere you hangout.
So, what are the 5 things you should know about dementia?
- Dementia is not a natural part of aging
- Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain (often Alzheimer’s)
- It’s not just about losing your memory
- It’s possible to live well with dementia
- There’s more to a person than the dementia
If you would like to know more than you can call the Alzheimer’s Society helpline.