With the advent of 2016, the Chinese New Year is almost beginning and in tandem with the Chinese zodiac, it is the Monkey’s Year. It is set to start on Monday, 8th February. If this year is to be the Year of the Monkey what does that mean?
The Chinese Zodiac.
The Chinese zodiac is a method in the Chinese folklore of naming personality traits in association with zodiac animals according to the person’s year of birth. This system has 12 animals, and thus, the cycle rotates over a period of 12 years. The following animals are considered zodiac animals;
- Goat-People born in the year of the goat are often associated with these traits; sensitivity, kindness, politeness and creativity.Some of the years are;1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015,2027.
- Monkey-People in the year of the monkey is known to be witty and quite intelligent. Some of the Monkey years are 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016,2028.
- Rooster-Independence and punctuality are the traits associated with people born in the Rooster years;1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017, 2029.
- Dog-Honesty and loyalty are the major traits associated with people born in these years 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018, 2030.
- Pig-People born in these years are friendly and lazy;1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019, 2031.
- Rat-Adaptability and intuition are an association of the people born in the year of the rat. The years include;1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020.
- Ox –People born in these years 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, 2021,2033 are known to be conscientious and moral.
- Tiger-Courage, unpredictability and stubbornness are traits associated with people born in the year of the tiger.They are; 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010, 2022, 2034.
- Rabbit-People born in these years 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011, 2023,2035 are associated with compassion, modesty and are known to be impulsive.
- Dragon-Confidence, wit and dominance are traits associated with these years 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012, 2024,2036.
- Snake-Intelligence, wisdom and privacy are traits associated with the year of the snake 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013, 2025,2037.
- Horse-People born in this year are popular, free spirited, hard working and intelligent. The zodiac years are 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014, 2026, 2038.
So, if you’re a Monkey, according to the Chinese zodiac you are lively, smart and witty. You are also short-tempered and jealous, but you are quite gentle and honest.
In matters of love, Monkeys are more compatible with the Ox and the Rabbit though they should avoid the Tiger and the Pig because they are considered a bad omen.
This year, however, will be a challenging year for Monkeys. They will have colourless relationships though they have higher chances of getting lucky during the 7th and 12th Chinese lunar months.
Lucky and Unlucky Numbers.
Like a Monkey, your lucky numbers are 1,7 and 8.However, you should avoid 2, 5 and 9.
Monkeys will have prosperous careers this year if correctly aligned with the year Monkeys will have prosperous careers if properly aligned with the Tai Sui star. Monkeys should focus on their jobs and discipline themselves otherwise; they won’t achieve anything.Monkeys should be wary of untrustworthy people and be taught to avoid getting in trouble. They should seize opportunities during the 2nd, 5th and 12th Chinese lunar months as these are their luckiest.
Monkeys will experience minor illness, but they won’t come to a lot of harm if they are careful.They should take caution of traffic when going about their daily activities and avoid taking risks.
Some famous monkeys include; Tom Hanks, Mick Jagger and Kim Cattrall.
In Pure Spirit
Is the Chinese New Year special to you? What does the Year of the Monkey mean for your family? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Kelli Nedeau says
I spend a few minutes on reading, and I’m so excited about
the advice I received. It’s actually hard to find something
precious on this particular topic. But this writer appears to be a true professional since
there is a special personality in his writings. I’m going to subscribe to his new books, not to skip
anything. This post works its reading.