Candle magic is present in a number of religions and that is perhaps one reason why so many people know to make a wish after blowing out a candle. The core concepts of this form of spell casting are the ability to focus on a goal, the end results and then the ability to focus your intent or will to create that result.
Some forms of candle magic pay special attention to the colour of the candles. You may already know about the association some religions have with black candles or that some traditions allow for white candles to be swapped in for any other colour.
The colour of candles in magic
- Black: Negativity and banishment
- Brown: Nature such as plants, animals, weather and earth
- Dark Blue: Depression and vulnerability
- Gold: Financial gain and business dealings
- Light Blue: Health, patience and acceptance
- Green: Financial gain, growth, abundance, fertility
- Orange: Attraction, positive feelings and encouragement
- Pink: Friendship and romantic love
- Purple: Power and ambition
- Red: Courage, health and sexual desire
- Silver: Reflection and intuition
- White: Truth and innocence
- Yellow: Persuasion and protection
In Pure Spirit
Do you have any candle magic or colour insight to share?
Join the conversation